Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekends

Why are weekends so short? The best part of life seems to be in the weekends! Yesterday was absolutely beautiful outside. We took Connor to pick apples at Cranes in Fennville, and had a wonderful time with him. We washed both my car and Carl's truck. Then powerwashed the front of the house and our deck. Because we could not bear to be inside, we kayaked for a couple of hours with our good friends, Gary and Shari. Then out for pizza at Marios. A fantastic day!
Today we saw little Colin get baptized at church. Candi and Ken had us all over for lunch afterward so we got to see all 7 grandkids today! What a blessing! I am amazed at how many grandkids have popped up in just under 4 years! After a noisy, but fun lunch, we headed home to catch a short nap. What a treat..........napping! I have read a few more chapters in my book, The Other Bolyn girl, while Carl is gone to choir. A nice quiet evening, then it is back to the rat race tomorrow.
I have to get back to work on my niece's baby blanket too. It is coming along nicely in shades of yellow, green, and white. Then it is back to the Christmas projects to finish. And......After Christmas it is all about me! I need to knit for myself again. A sweater, scarf, gloves, who knows? But it will be for me! Have a great week, as we go into Fall officially tomorrow! Knit On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home