Monday, August 18, 2008

Fiber Fest 08

Whew! Fiber Fest was a blast!! Saturday I was overwhelmed with all the yarns and people and animals and everything. But Sunday I got down to business and shopped! I purchased a Ball winder, and am so excited! I have thought about it for a long time, and last week worked extra hours, so...........cannot wait to try it out! Picked out some yummy alpaca yarn in soft gray for socks for Carl, and royal blue for socks for me! Got some hand dyed fingering (sock) yarn in a color called Mediteranean Sea. Beautiful shades of blue-aqua. Might make up a shawl sometime for that. Marie and I had a great time camping! Alittle Boonesfarm, yarn winding, knitting, watching the Olympics, talking, did I mention knitting? It was so relaxing, the weather was perfect, and it went by too fast! The guys came out Sunday morning, and we walked through the vendors, and the animal barns, and watched sheep herding with Jake, a very lovable sheep dog. He reminded me of a naughty 2 year old kid who cannot stay out of mischief. We are already planning on going there next year and hopefully camping by the river. Then maybe add alittle kayaking and fishing to keep the guys happy. Or, they could learn to knit! Better yet, they could weave! That looks interesting to me. Carl said he would check out making me a small loom to see if I enjoy it or not. We will see! I hope next year alot more will join us at Fiber Fest, and camp out with us. Start planning, and dream! Knit on people!

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2008 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

The planning and dreaming is in position here already!!
Thanks again, it was a great time for me!!
Huggs to you and Carl.
Marie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home